Club Expectations and Roles
“One Family, Committed to Excellence”
last updated May 30, 2009
(subject to change at anytime without notice)
Team and Player Expectations
1. Player Practice Gear for Every Session (all ages, U9-U19)
- * Slammers FC Nike gray shirts or SFC Nike white shirts, (coach specified)
- * Slammers FC Nike shorts (maroon or black)
- * Slammers FC Nike socks (maroon, white, or black)
- * Shin guards
2. Practice and Game Time:
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before your requested time ready to participate.
3. Loaning / Playing for Other Teams
- Players are not to play for any other teams outside the club from U9 – U13.
- No loaning.
4. Parent Coaching at Games
It is the intent of the club to not have parent coaches. The club has employed a floater to fill gaps in the U9-U12 age groups.
Parent Code of Conduct
1. Sideline Behavior - Games or Practices
* Stand, or sit, at least 3 yards back from the sidelines (touchlines), and 3-5 yards down from the players bench. Standing or coaching behind the goal is prohibited.
- * Parents must not coach from the sideline during matches and training.
- * Support the team. Avoid yelling specific instructions and issuing commands. Do not say anything that is a command, such as "Pass it," "Shoot," or "Boot the ball." This can be extremely confusing for a player and possibly contrary to the coach's instructions.
- * Unless they are complimentary, do not direct comments to members of the opposing team, ever.
- * Do not speak out to the referee or linesmen, unless it is to say thank you after the game. If you have questions or concerns with the referees, relay the information to the team manager, who will take it to the coach.
2. Coach and Post-Games Dialogue
* If you have any questions to ask your coach about a game please wait 48 hours.
- * Do not criticize your child’s coach to your child or other parents. If you are not happy with the coach you should raise the issue with the coach.
- * Encourage your child to speak with the coach. If your child is having difficulties in training or games, or can’t attend training etc. encourage him/her to speak directly to the coach.
* I agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned Code of Conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
Verbal warning by referee, head coach, and/or member of the Slammers FC organization.
- * Written warning.
- * Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by SFC.
- * Parental season suspension.
not really… not exactly this either… preferred.
Team Manager Role
1. Registration: CalSouth, Coast Soccer, tournaments, other
- 2. Support Finances: Team Treasurer has lead.
3. Communication: Training, games, events, other
- 4. Travel: Air, hotel, ground transportation, food, etc.
- 5. Team Calendar
- 6. Roster
- 7. Help Coordinate Fundraising (optional)
- 8. Help facilitate club policies and initiatives.
- 9. Other related items
Team Treasurer Role
1. Process Team Deposits
3. Collect Payments
- 4. Track Individual Player Balances
Team Trainer/Coach Role
- 1. Facilitate the Slammers FC soccer curriculum (age group specific)
* Technique, Tactics, Physical, and Psychological
- * Manage training sessions
- * Coach games
- 3. Develop team and players
- * Soccer skills
- * Team unity
- * Self confidence
- * Self esteem
- * Encourage a productive work ethic
Our broad mission is to advance the cause of youth soccer for boys and girls through education, training, recreation, and local, national and international competition. The program's focus is the preparation, exposure and positioning of the players for matriculation into Division I universities and colleges.
If you have suggestions about how the club can improve please communicate this information to your Manager or to SFC Team Operations. This will help maintain a positive environment for our players.
- Our intent is for administration/communication to be handled through the manager, finances through the treasurer, soccer through the coach, play from the players, and positive support from the parents.
- As a club, a team, and people we are all a work in progress. Let’s work together to build, not tear down.